Can you believe Christmas is only 6 days away?! December seems to have flown by and Christmas will be here and over before you know it.
This is also about the time I realize that the New Year is right around the corner – 2013! – and resolutions are already piling high in my head…
I think for many of us, 2012 has been a year of heartache and tragedy; personally for some, and nationally for most. Indeed, this is a time for reflection. And while I’m sure many of you have found yourselves asking why? how? and perhaps even questioning the virtue of humanity, it is also a time to ask yourself what? What can you do to make life just a little sweeter, for yourself and for those around you? What can you do to seize each and every day? What can you do to live life to the very fullest?
For me, 2013 is The Year to Pay it Forward, and I think it should be for all of us. If we each took a moment out of our very busy and oh-so-important lives to acknowledge and appreciate those around us; a simple smile, a helping hand, or a friendly nod of the head…it’s truly amazing how far camaraderie can carry us, and perhaps save a life in the process.
Because camaraderie is so much more than a simple gesture. It is a feeling of solidarity, of being present and recognizing yourself in those around you. It is about having patience, providing encouragement, and holding your head high and your back straight for those in need of a strong foundation.
So Pay it Forward my friends, by being true to yourself and those around you…
My 13 Resolutions for 2013:
- Wake up every morning appreciating the new day, no matter what that day may hold.
- Take a deep breath and have a little more patience.
- No wallowing! Life is too short to waste on misery.
- DO what you SAY.
- Stop feeling guilty. Stop making excuses. Stop doubting yourself. Just DO it.
- And if you fail, dust yourself off, and try again.
- Smile. Even when you don’t want to.
- Be there. For friends, for family, for yourself. Never forget to reach out to those you love.
- If you need help, ask for it.
- Look people in the eye when speaking to them. It’s amazing what you will learn!
- Don’t be afraid to express yourself. Remember, “those who throw dirt only lose ground.”
- Never take for granted what you have NOW because it very well may not be there later.
- There is no day like today. Make the best of it.
What are your resolutions and how do you plan on paying it forward?
I think one of the greatest joys of blogging is the community and camaraderie it provides. And this is the perfect time to join forces, offer support, and give encouragement to those that may need a little extra sustenance. This is the time to pay it forward, my friends!
If you have written an encouraging, heartfelt, or motivational post, please link up below! And if you have resolutions you would like to share, or ideas to “pay it forward,” feel free to link away. But PLEASE, be considerate and only link to uplifting posts. I think we are all in need of a little joy and inspiration.
These are the rules:
- DO link to inspirational, positive posts.
- DO NOT link to political or negative posts.
- DO link to a relevant post. Now is not the time for a marketing ploy.
- DO pay it forward: leave positive and encouraging comments for others.
- Please link back.
I will include a couple of new links in my Sharing the Love post each Friday for the next few weeks. And yes, I will be monitoring links closely for inappropriate content!
Now let’s begin the camaraderie! (click on the frog below to add your link and view others)