I’ve seen numerous awards floating around in the Blogosphere, but never really expected this little blog o’ mine to get much notice. Well, over a week ago, Patricia Krank over at Old Things New did take notice and nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you for thinking of me Patricia – I’m so incredibly flattered!
Now, this lovely little award is given by more seasoned bloggers to blogs with 200 followers or less to show them a little bit of love. Of course, I have to giggle at this a bit because I don’t quite consider myself a “seasoned” blogger by any means – I can still use A LOT of love! With that said, I plan on passing on the torch to smaller blogs that I love, but are no less “seasoned” than me (and many are actually far more seasoned! Sorry to break the rules here…but that’s what I do best!).
Speaking of rules, here are more rules attached to the nomination:
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you
- Create 11 questions for the poeple that you nominate
- Choose 11 blogs that you love (also with 200 or less followers). Link them to your post and let them know they’ve been nominated.
- No tag backs!
So, in an attempt not to break any more rules, let’s get started…
11 Random Things About Me:
- I’m a little bit addicted to Rock Band. I don’t play often, but when I do…I’m hooked for no less than three hours (I’m pretty sure I was a rockstar in my previous life).
- I love fresh pineapple but hate pineapple juice. I love raw broccoli but I hate cooked broccoli – unless it’s in cream of broccoli soup. I like ice cream with my pie, but only on the side. Ever seen When Harry Met Sally? Yeah, I’m Sally.
- I’m pretty sure I could eat Rolos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week.
- I was the events planner for two previous companies I worked for – I LOVE planning events, but I only realize just how much until AFTER the event. During the planning, I’m a bit of a nightmare.
- I’m the second worst procrastinator I know. My husband is the first!
- I hate wearing socks and only wear them when the forces of nature force me to. Even in the winter – as long as there isn’t snow on the ground – I’m sockless in my cute little ballet flats. Style over comfort, I suppose!
- I have naturally curly hair but have NO IDEA how to wear it naturally curly. I either wear it up or I straighten it with a flat iron (which happens maybe three times a year).
- I’m not very mathematically inclined, I hate instructions, am terrible with directions, and am pretty sure the left side of my brain is the size of a pea. Maybe a walnut, just to give myself a little extra credit.
- I’ve lived in two countries, approximately nine different states and too many cities to count!
- I’ve had dreams that I should turn into books. Most of them are science fiction based. I have no idea how my mind conjures these things.
- I’m pretty certain my animals (a dog and a cat) are furry little people. And I treat them as such. They are my little loves that I couldn’t do without.
Questions From Patricia:
- Do you hit the ground running when you first wake up or are you slow to warm up? Is this a joke? There are people in this world that AREN’T slow to wake up? If only I was one of them… I’m a slug in the morning. Coffee is a must.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? Such hard questions! Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, Bridget Jones, Zoolander. I like the clever and romantic comedies, not the stupid comedies. Except Zoolander – it’s stupid funny, but so fun to quote!
- What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken, and why? Napa, because it was the first vacation I ever took with my now husband, and Croatia, because who doesn’t enjoy their honeymoon?!
- Do you have a hero in your life? Who and why? Well, to get a little serious here, I come from a long line of military men. They and all the soldiers out there, separated from their families, risking their lives for our country…they are all my heroes.
- Cat person, dog person, or other? Both are hard to resist. And I have both. Remember…furry little people!
- Favorite subject in elementary school? Definitely science. I was obsessed with chimpanzees. Still am!
- What is your favorite kind of food? Thai is delicious!
- If you could ask God for ANYTHING what would it be? Health and happiness for myself and all my loved ones.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? Don’t have any? Pretend 🙂 A glass of red wine, a good book, and a comfy blanket = PERFECTION.
- What helps you get your creative juices flowing? Magazines are my muse. I’ve got two “mood boards” full of pages ripped out from magazines. A quick browse through Country Living, Real Simple, Martha Stewart, or Southern Living and I’m golden.
- What genre of book do you tend to read the most?Historical novels. Right now I’m reading one about Henry VIII’s first wife, Katherine of Aragon. Yet another one of my obsessions – anything about Henry the VIII!
11 Blogs That Are Far More Fabulous Than Mine. (Some with more than 200 followers…) Please go check them out and give them some blog love!
My Questions to These Wonderful Bloggers:
What enticed you to start blogging?
How would you describe the style of your home?
If you could have any career in the world, what would it be?
Red wine, white wine, or no wine?
What is your greatest guilty pleasure?
If you had your own reality show, what would it be called?
Chocolate or vanilla?
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Introvert or extrovert?
Where is your favorite place to go to relax? (Could be as simple as a room in your home, or a travel destination)
If you could only watch one show on television for the next month, what would it be?
Thanks a bunch and thanks again to Patricia!