I have no doubt this year will be a thrilling one!
Looking back on 2013, however, I realize that I was a bit lost. I was somewhere between motherhood and wanting so badly to hold on to my autonomy. I wanted everything and nothing at the same time – I wanted to become the best mother possible, I wanted to be that perfect homemaker (there’s that word again; perfect), but I also wanted to let loose, have fun, feel young again, and somehow rediscover my life’s purpose. I suppose I was afraid of losing myself and couldn’t grasp the fact that I could have all of these things and more (aside from perfection). I wasn’t unhappy, but I think this confusion caused quite a bit of strife within my mind.
Are there others out there who have felt this way?
But this year, it is my resolution to let go of those petty annoyances, enjoy the small things, and to revel in motherhood. And instead of floating in a limbo of worries and insecurities, I hope to adjust my purpose and rediscover myself – a happier and more positive self. Because truly, what isn’t there to be happy about?!
Seriously, how does one NOT smile at that face?! Makes my heart melt.
Yes, this is the year of good thoughts and passionate living. It will be a year full of little giggles, sparkling eyes, and bubbly toes. But I also hope to concentrate on myself outside of motherhood; refine my style, rediscover my creativity, live a healthier lifestyle, and fall in love with myself again.
I mean, what’s not to love…?
A “few” more resolutions I have:
- Stop waiting and start living – take more risks and go outside my comfort zone.
- Don’t dwell on the past.
- Have more fun! Put aside to-do lists and instead, concentrate on what makes me happy.
- Laugh more. Don’t take life so seriously.
- Be more patient, loving, and affectionate.
- Put heart into everything I do.
- Be the best mom that I can be. Have fun, treasure every moment with my little guy, and let him experience the world and grow at his own pace.
- Do something creative every day.
- Paint a picture.
- Take a photography class.
- Join a mom’s group.
- Find studio space.
- Run at least 2 races
- Start yoga.
Tell me, how do you plan to love yourself more this year?
I am so ready 2014. Bring it on!
For a little extra motivation, you can purchase this print here.